Receive the latest news from Raymarine
A massive 45% discount for RYA test centres
Dragonfly7 - Raymarine’s award-winning Dragonfly CHIRP Sonar GPS goes large
NEW 7” wide-screen debuts at Miami, Helsinki and Eurasia boat shows
Raymarine is proud to introduce the new 7” display version of its award-winning Dragonfly® Sonar/GPS – the Dragonfly7. Since its launch last year, Dragonfly’s high-performance, dual-channel CHIRP sonar and GPS chartplotter combination has taken the fishing world by storm; bringing the power and crisp detail of advanced CHIRP DownVision™ sonar to inland and coastal anglers at a very affordable price. The new Dragonfly7 steps up the screen-size with a best-in-class 7” widescreen display and comes with the added advantage of optional overhead mounting, whilst maintaining tilt-and-swivel capability.
Like the original Dragonfly, the larger display Dragonfly7 is incredibly easy to use; the intuitive Uni-controller lets anglers quickly dial through DownVision, sonar and GPS menu displays with ease. Dragonfly7 uses CHIRP technology to transmit across a wide spectrum of sonar signals - the result is much higher fidelity sonar returns in both DownVision and fish-targeting sonar modes.
Engineered for high performance and simple operation with automatic sonar optimisation, Dragonfly7 has 2 dedicated CHIRP sonar channels enabling anglers to enjoy simultaneous views of both fish-targeting sonar and lifelike DownVision imagery using the dual-sonar, split-screen display mode. A gallery of the best Dragonfly images sent in by Raymarine customers from around the world can be viewed at http://www.raymarine.com/Dragonfly-winning-images
Dragonfly and Dragonfly7 Key Features Summary
• Photo like imagery of bottom structure using CHIRP DownVision™
• CHIRP powered Dual Channel sonar. View high resolution DownVision™ structure images and target fish with CHIRP sonar simultaneously using dual sonar mode
• Perfectly matched dual-beam CHIRP transducer with a wide 60° x 1.4° fan beam for DownVision™ imagery plus a conical 25° beam for targeting fish
• High accuracy temperature sensor built into the transducer
• Choice of transom-mount, thru-hull plastic or thru-hull bronze transducers
• Built in 50 channel GPS sensor with fast-acquisition technology
• Available with industry-leading Navionics charts included on microSD
• New waypoint symbols and waypoint management - search by name, symbol or area
• New GPX file format to support the saving, transfer & archiving of waypoint data
• Support for Lighthouse US Vector & Raster chart downloads
• Support for the display of Navionics SonarCharts & Community Edits (Freshest Data program)
• Simple user interface for easy access to menu options and display choices
• Ultra-bright 1500 nit optically bonded sunlight display for maximum readability in all conditions
Dragonfly7 models with transom transducer start from £620.83, €745.00, and AUS $862.73 ex tax
About FLIR Systems
FLIR Systems, Inc. is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of sensor systems that enhance perception and awareness. FLIR's advanced systems and components are used for a wide variety of thermal imaging, situational awareness, and security applications, including airborne and ground-based surveillance, condition monitoring, navigation, recreation, research and development, manufacturing process control, search and rescue, drug interdiction, transportation safety, border and maritime patrol, environmental monitoring, and chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosives (CBRNE) threat detection. For more information, visit FLIR’s web site at www.FLIR.com.
Raymarine, a world leader in marine electronics, develops and manufactures the most comprehensive range of electronic equipment for the recreational boating and light commercial marine markets. Designed for high performance and ease of use, the award-winning products are available through a global network of dealers and distributors.
The Raymarine product lines include radar, autopilots, GPS, instruments, fishfinders, communications, and integrated systems. Headquartered in Fareham UK, Raymarine is a division of FLIR Systems, a world leader in thermal imaging. For more information about Raymarine please go to www.raymarine.com.
For further information contact Haley Ellison – FLIR Systems Tel: +1 503/919-0696 or email: email@example.com. For high resolution images please go to www.raymarine.com/media