Installing the Software Updater.
The Updater is available as a Zip file which contains various elements of the Updater Tool. To unzip and save the updater, please carry out the following actions.
- Windows 7/ Windows 10 PC
- 12/24 V DC power supply
- AIS Software zip file here
- 9 way RS232 cable (if a USB interface is required we would recommend an adaptor utilising the FTDI chipset)
- AIS950 CLass A Transceiver
Applying the Software Updater to the Unit.
- Extract the updater to your local machine and select the relevant language package.
- Connect the power supply and the RS232 cable to the back of the unit.
- Ensure the unit is powered down.
- Open the updater package folder, then run the ‘updater.bat’ application. Do not run ‘vxboot.exe’.
- When the user interface appears select the relevant COM port.
- Press the green START button. “Waiting for target to boot” should appear.
- Apply power to the unit. “Loading xxx” should now appear in the ‘Status:’ field, and the three bars will show the progress of the update. Depending on the size of the files this may take up to 10 minutes.
- When it has finished a dialogue box will display ‘Software update complete’.
- To check the software has updated go to the following screen: Menu ->Maintenance ->System Information
During the update do not:
- Disconnect or close down the updater application
- Power down the unit
If the communication or power is interrupted the software may become corrupted.
If this occurs please repeat the update process in the first instance; depending on the state it is in this may recover the software.
Depending on when your Class A was manufactured you may need to run the additional ‘synthswitch’ tool. Units manufactured before November 2012 will have been built with a now-obsolete frequency synthesiser component, and will require that the tool be applied. This will become apparent if ‘RX channel x malfunction’ alarms are generated on the unit’s display. To run the tool simply double click on the ‘switchsynth’ icon. A batch file will start and provide onscreen instructions. Please note that if you have already run the ‘synthswitch’ tool once you will not have to run it again on that unit.